Fall Sports Season and Your Brand. What Are The Opportunities?
With fall sports seasons off and running, the country’s stadiums are hosting large crowds who are ready to make the most of their experience. Whether the team wins or loses, companies have the opportunity to engage and make a connection with fans.
Can Your Company Score in the Red Zone?
Whether it’s a professional, college or amateur team, loyal fans will attend football games, regardless of their record. From preparing for tailgating to late night watching the team in overtime, cities come alive during football season. To prove it, here’s a list of figures for the top five professional and college football stadiums:
- Dallas, 708,249
- NY Giants, 643,964
- Washington, 637,236
- NY Jets, 632,704
- Denver, 613,062
- Michigan Wolverines Stadium, 115,109
- Penn State Nittany Lions Beaver Stadium, 105,572
- Tennessee Volunteers Neyland Stadium, 102,45
- Ohio State Buckeyes, 102,329
- Alabama Crimson Tide Bryant-Denny Stadium, 101,821
Those numbers don’t just drop off after the first five, either. Attendance is steadily high at football games across the country – creating the perfect opportunity for businesses whose ideal audience is sitting in the stands. With so much down time during the game, promotions are a great way to keep fans plugged in. Here are some popular promotions you might see:
- Pass, Punt and Kick ™ – A fan must pass, punk and kick the football from designated parts of the field.
- Field Goal Kick – To win, the contestant must successfully kick a field goal from the 30, 40 or 50 yard line.
- Throw for Dough ™ – The contestant throws a football through a target. To increase excitement even more, challenge the contestant to make multiple throws during 30 seconds. The more successful throws, the higher the grand prize.
Brands Can Score in the Paint, Too
Basketball season will be here before you know it. And, it’s never too early to start planning. The Bleacher Report ranked the 30 most exciting NBA arenas:
- New York Knicks, Madison Square Garden
- Boston Celtics, TD Bank Garden
- Portland Trailblazers, Rose Garden
- Indiana Pacers, Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Chicago Bulls, United Center
Basketball games are fast-paced by nature, and the in-game contests need to be the same to keep the energy levels high. Plus, who doesn’t want to be a part of the moment a lucky man or woman shoots for nothin’ but net to take home a brand new truck or a cash prize? The feeling is electrifying, and your brand could be the reason for it. Visit our basketball contest page for more information about half-court shot, 3-point shootout, and other engaging promotions.
Help Your Brand Bury the One-Timer
The NHL season starts in October, and if you ever thought ice was a limitation to an exciting promotion, think again.
- Minnesota Wild, Xcel Energy Center, 18,064
- Washington Capitals, Verizon Center, 18,277
- Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Times Forum, 19,500
- Los Angeles Kings, Staples Center, 18,118
- Montreal Canadians, Bell Centre, 21,273
You don’t need to travel to each stadium like Paul, but your promotions can take off in hockey with proper planning and execution. The ice provides a unique element that will entertain a crowd. Need further proof? Just take a look at some of these hockey promotions in action.
If you’re interested in adding an exhilarating contestant participation contest to your marketing plans, SCA Promotions has the solution this sports season. With the ability to customize your campaign, SCA will give you all the tools you need to make your next promotion a success. Contact us today by phone at 1-888-860-8805 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.