Unilever has partnered with Feeding America for the past five years to reduce hunger in the United States. Its contributions have helped food banks provide much needed support to communities throughout the country, where a striking 1 in 5 children suffer from hunger. This past November, Unilever invited consumers to join them and help feed hungry Americans. Unilever turned to SCA Promotions for assistance in providing almost $6 million in risk coverage on fulfillment costs of each donated meal.
- Fight hunger in the United States.
- Use cause marketing to encourage sales of Unilever.
- Partner with Feeding America.
- Distribute 44 million donation vouchers via an FSI in the November 16 Sunday paper.
- Donate one meal to Feeding America each time a consumer presents the donation voucher to a cashier with their Unilever brand purchase.
- Unilever was thrilled with the results of the program and is looking to do it again this year.
- “Unilever believes that every child deserve a bright future. With a growing number of American families struggling with food insecurity, it is important that we do our part in the fight against hunger,” said a representative for Unilever. “By partnering with organizations, like Feeding America, we are able to improve the health and well-being of families that are finding it difficult to make ends meet or are forced to go without food for several meals, or even days. Our employees are passionate about making a difference in the communities where we work and live, and we want our consumer to also see that their small actions can make a big difference in the lives of others.