Canadian International Jewellers wanted to grab shoppers’ attention in a big way. With so many options in a busy Alberta mall, they needed something special to attract customers. They set up a customized JackPot Machine in their store and offered a brand new Mustang GT, covered by SCA, as well as other great secondary prizes.
- Grab shoppers’ attention and drive traffic to the store.
- Encourage repeat business.
- Increase sales.
- Differentiate store from the competition.
- Promote the contest via radio and newspaper ads, as well as in-store ads.
- Place the grand prize, a new car, in front of the store, which was across from a competitor.
- Allow customers who visit the store to pull the JackPot lever to win.
- Offer secondary prizes, including a trip to Las Vegas and discounts off future purchases.
- Program the JackPot Machine to print custom prize vouchers for each prize level.
- A customer won the trip to Las Vegas in the first ten days of the promotion.
- The Mustang GT was taken home after the JackPot Machine had been on display for a month.
- “SCA’s JackPot Promotion created traffic for my store and let us offer our customers an awesome prize. No one else can give my business that kind of a boost. I’m a believer in SCA,” said the owner.
- “The event was awesome – it has been the most successful event for us by far. Even during a soft economy, the period during the promotion was a success, and I do relate that directly to the contest.”