For the past five years, MacDonald Auto Group has turned to SCA Promotions to cover big cash and prizes on ice hockey promotions at Cape Breton Screaming Eagles home games. This season, they partnered with local radio station 101.9 The Giant and sponsor Scotia Bank to offer cash prizes and a truck in two different promotions that yielded three winners.
- Differentiate from the competition.
- Increase awareness of the MacDonald brand.
- Create a memorable promotion to stay top of mind with consumers.
- Choose the 3rd caller to win tickets to an Eagles game and shoot a hockey puck from center ice through a sponsor-branded target positioned in front of the goal.
- Place a Ford truck on ice for the second promotion. Choose one contestant to shoot the puck from one face-off dot to the face-off dot diagonally across the ice.
- The first promotion had two $10,000 winners, neither of whom had ever held a hockey stick before.
- The second promotion had a winner drive home the new $35,000 F150.
- “Showcasing our new vehicles on ice during the 20 minute breaks has not only increased our dealership’s awareness and set us apart from the competition, but we are now selling five times as many vehicles as before,” said a representative. “People stop and take note when there is an exciting chance to win cash or a new vehicle. Five years ago, our dealerships sold 125 new vehicles a year. Now we are selling close to 1,000 a year!”