Football fans in Ohio had more than just a big win to excite them – some fans received free furniture thanks to the college football championship outcome. Customers of Ashley Furniture HomeStore and Better Sleep Shops in Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, and Florence, KY who purchased more than $1,999 of furniture received a full refund on their purchases. Morris Home Furnishings, the parent company, secured prize coverage from SCA Promotions for its conditional rebate promotion.
- Play off the excitement surrounding the local team playing in the championship game.
- Increase sales during a typically slow week.
- Invite customers to shop during the promotional period between December 17 and 30.
- Offer customers who made purchases in excess of $1,999 a full refund if Ohio State won the college football championship game.
- Morris Home Furnishings rebated over $1.5 million, paid by SCA Promotions, to lucky customers after Ohio State beat Oregon by 22 points in the championship game.
- "We had a 20% sales increase during that period," said a representative with Morris Home Furnishings. "We launched the promotion the week before Christmas which is typically the slowest week of the year. This promotion definitely made us stand out during that time and encouraged customers to shop during a time they are normally not shopping for furniture."