The New York Daily News hit a home run with its “$1,000,000 Baseball Bingo” promotion, which offered New York baseball fans the opportunity of a lifetime – the chance to toss a baseball through a target at Yankee Stadium and win $1 Million, covered by SCA Promotions.
- Increase single copy sales.
- Retain readers.
- Include a scratch card in the Sunday edition for six weeks.
- Invite readers to locate the daily numbers in the paper each day that week and scratch them on their cards or enter them online.
- Award prizes each week to readers who find three matching symbols.
- Select six finalists from among the winners at the end of the promotion to throw out a pitch from 60 ft into a target placed on the field of Yankee Stadium.
- Award $1 Million to each finalist who pitches the ball into the target.
- “The promotion was a reader favorite! It gave us the ability to give readers an experience they couldn’t purchase,” said the representative. The promotion resulted in an outstanding 40,000 entries and 209 instant winners.
- “We chose SCA because of a 17-year history of successful promotions with them. SCA was great to work with. Everything was taken care of and they worked well with the Yankees, too,” said the representative.