For the ninth consecutive season, the Portland Trailblazers and team sponsor Toyota presented a half-court shot contest designed to engage and excite fans. The contestant spun a giant wheel on court to see which Toyota he or she was playing for, from the compact Toyota Corolla to the luxury Land Cruiser worth $84,000.
- Excite and engage fans.
- Showcase Toyota’s lineup.
- Invite fans to register for the contest via a Web site landing page or a Toyota concourse activation, and select one to come to the game to attempt the shot.
- Ask the contest winner to spin a wheel on court to determine the model of Toyota he or she will be shooting for.
- Award the new Toyota indicated on the wheel spin if the contestant makes the half-court shot.
- “This promotion is the # 1 recognized fan promotion in our arena,” said a representative for the Trailblazers. “Not only does the promotion increase fan excitement and engagement but the media value goes way beyond Toyota’s sponsorship investment. This valuable promotion generates more leads than other Trailblazer/Toyota promotions.”
- Fan Daniel McGunnigle made the shot and drove home in his new Toyota Prius.