Seaguar, a maker of fishing line, was sponsoring nine professional anglers at the Bassmaster Classic. To leverage their sponsorship, Seaguar created an interactive contest that asked fans to put their fishing knowledge to the test. If a fan could predict the places of the top four Seaguar finishers at the Bassmaster Classic, he or she would win $100,000.
- Leverage Seaguar's sponsorship of professional anglers.
- Tie the Seaguar brand to professional fishing.
- Generate excitement among fans for the Seaguar anglers at the Bassmaster Classic.
- Promote the contest via social media.
- Ask customers to register and then choose the top four Seaguar anglers and the places they would each finish at the Bassmaster Classic.
- Award $100,000 if a fan correctly predicts the anglers and their finishing places.
- The contest was so popular that Seaguar received more than double the number of entries it expected, totaling over 15,000.
- Seaguar kept fans excited about their brand and their anglers competing in the upcoming Bassmaster Classic.