A suburban Chicago golf pro shop generated buzz in the community and boosted sales more than fourfold with a simple offer: If the Chicago Cubs shut out the Pittsburgh Pirates in their April 12th game, the full purchase price of every item bought between March 26th and April 12th would be fully refunded, thanks to SCA’s prize coverage.
- Increase sales during the promotional period.
- Create buzz and awareness in the community.
- Leverage marketing efforts.
- Offer customers a full rebate on purchases if the Cubs shut out the Pirates during their April 12 game.
- Advertise the promotion in an electronic newsletter and in a flyer sent to the golf club’s members.
- Sales skyrocketed from the usual $2,500 to $11,625 during the promotion’s time period.
- “We were very pleased with the promotion,” said a representative for Watson. “Fans
really enjoyed the promotion, and we were appreciative of the help SCA provided running
the online contest.”
- The proshop’s sales exceeded the owner’s estimate so much that he came back to SCA for additional coverage.
- The store owner is planning to run a similar promotion in the fall.
- “This is a fantastic idea for any retail store. People had been shopping elsewhere for little things like golf balls, but this promotion got them into my shop so they could realize what I have.”