Universal Windows Direct, a Cleveland Indians partner based in Oakwood Village, OH, wanted to celebrate its 15th anniversary with a big promotion. The Indians were one of the top teams in the league, and Universal Windows Direct wanted fans to use the excitement they had for the team and transfer it to purchasing new windows in the hopes that their money could be rebated.
- Drive sales and grow recognition for the company's 15th anniversary.
- Utilize the partnership with the Cleveland Indians to increase brand awareness.
- As part of the #BuyInJuly promotion, anyone who hired Universal Windows Direct in July would have their entire project paid for by the company if the Indians won 15 straight games this season, in conjunction with the company's 15th anniversary.
- Promote the contest in stores and through social media channels.
- Grow excitement around the Cleveland Indians playoff hopes and Universal Windows Direct at the same time.
- These streaks are rare but the Indians defeated the White Sox Thursday night in Chicago 11-2 for their franchise record 15th straight win.
- These customers are now receiving a complete refund on their projects – a combined total of $1,975,000.
- “Besides the players and our customers, nobody wanted The Tribe to win 15 games in a row more than Universal Windows Direct.” added the representative. “All we can say is, ‘Go Tribe!”