Tampa Bay’s ABC affiliate WFTS added a chance to win $50,000 to their app in order to foster viewer loyalty. Viewers logged in to the interactive scratch-and-win game, boosting downloads and usage of the app in the mornings when WFTS was trying to integrate into viewers’ daily routines.
- Make using the app part of the viewers’ morning routines.
- Create brand loyalty for the morning news program.
- Use social media pushes and mentions on the newscast to encourage viewers to
download the app and play each day for $50,000.
- Place a link to the promotion on the app’s homepage.
- Allow game play between 4 am and 10 am to encourage usage during the morning
- Award $50,000 if a viewer reveals the winning message while playing the
- “The feedback was great – who doesn’t love the immediate gratification of winning?
Viewers commented on the fun of this contest being interactive with the ‘scratch-and-win’,” said the representative.
- WFTS saw a 75% increase in weekly user downloads during the contest, and they
increased the number of active users during the promotion period as well.